128: How To Stay in DRIVE – Navigating Investing, Entrepreneurship & Being A Woman in The Workplace w/ Sarah Kunst
Investor and entrepreneur Sarah Kunst always had big dreams. From growing up in small-town America to dominating the tech worlds of New York City and Silicon Valley, she has built her career being able to spot “What’s Hot?” and “What’s next?” But – what’s the story behind the story? How she able to gain access to rooms that aren’t normally open to someone that looks like her? We chat with Sarah about her #dreamdriving journey and how with an acute DRIVE and VISION for her life – she was able to build a career in the venture capital work and later as an entrepreneur.
Join in on the conversation on social (@dreamsindrive) and make sure to use the hashtag #dreamsindrive. Enjoy!
ON THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
– What inspired Sarah as a child growing up “in the middle of nowhere”
– How to figure out what you want
– Forward momentum
– Getting her start in the technology world
– How Sarah got recruited to be a venture capital investor
– The 3 markers of success of an investor
– Characteristics of investor-ready companies
– How do you put your raw ingredients for success together?
– Launching Proday
– Transitioning from investor to CEO
– The important thing about metrics
– Getting over fear
– Why you shouldn’t do everything yourself
– Sarah’s superstar strength
– Sarah’s experiences with sexual harassment in the workplace
– Why Sarah is committed to seeing women succeed
ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY OF THE WEEK W/ NUBIAN HERITAGE: www.dreamsindrive.com/win
SHOW NOTES: http://www.dreamsindrive.com/win
MORE ON SARAH:
Sarah Kunst is founder and CEO of Proday and has worked at Apple, Red Bull, Chanel, Mohr Davidow Ventures and several venture backed startups. She is also a contributing editor at Marie Claire Magazine. Kunst was named a Forbes Magazine 30 under 30 and a top 25 innovator in tech by Cool Hunting. She has been recognized for her work in Business Insider as a 30 under 30 Woman in Tech and Top African-American in Tech & Top Startup To Watch in 2017. Marie Claire Magazine named her a Young Gun to watch. She has written for Techcrunch, Forbes, Wall St. Journal, Fortune and Entrepreneur.com. Marc Andreessen named her one of his 55 Unknown Rock Stars in Tech.
FIND SARAH KUNST ON:
FIND DREAMS IN DRIVE ON:
FIND RANA ON SOCIAL:
JOIN THE #DREAMSINDRIVE COMMUNITY: http://www.dreamsindrive.com/JOIN
BOOK A COACHING SESSION: http://www.dreamsindrive.com/session
Powered by WPeMatico